Bug Reports
Ink being lost

I had been working on a project forma long time with both shapes and ink and I was saving as i went along but when i went back to the app all my ink was gone leaving only the shapes and images. I them accepted defeat and went back to redo all my work and it happened again even though i had been saving the page and the popup was coming up to confirm it was saved. I love this app but if im going to lose all my work i dont think i can handle that disappointment over and over again. i did have it set up with my one drive but the last sync was done before i worked on thid page and i saw from other forum posts that it is suggested to turn this off but i cant find how to disable the function. Please help.

I had been working on a project forma long time with both shapes and ink and I was saving as i went along but when i went back to the app all my ink was gone leaving only the shapes and images. I them accepted defeat and went back to redo all my work and it happened again even though i had been saving the page and the popup was coming up to confirm it was saved. I love this app but if im going to lose all my work i dont think i can handle that disappointment over and over again. i did have it set up with my one drive but the last sync was done before i worked on thid page and i saw from other forum posts that it is suggested to turn this off but i cant find how to disable the function. Please help.

Hi,

It's already happened to other users to loose data but on a 10K / users base, it's less than 1. I'd prefer no one loose their handwritten notes but the problem seems pretty specific and is triggered in a particular case.

To try to understand and trigger this bug, can you perform some tests:
(Use the application as you usually do)

• 1a Create a page with only handwritten notes.. save the page.
  • 1b Leave, relaunch the app to check if your notes are still there.
  • 2a Create a page with handwritten notes + images + geometric shapes.. save the page.
  • 2b Leave, relaunch the app to check if your notes are still there.

If you are using OneDrive, and you think that OneDrive may have corrupted your inks strokes:

• 3a Make a sync as usually do with your new created pages.
  • 3b Leave and relaunch the app to check if your notes are still there.

(By the way, OneDrive is never activated on background, it is only used when you decide to sync.)

Another possibility, according to another user, this bug occurs when alternating between different apps (alt + tab or changing to another app without leaving Inkodo) and then, when you return to Inkodo to continue the work, the inks may not be saved properly.

In both cases, despite my tests performed on different devices, nothing unusual.

Can you also provide me the device type, Windows 10 version and Inkodo version?

Hi, It's already happened to other users to loose data but on a 10K / users base, it's less than 1. I'd prefer no one loose their handwritten notes but the problem seems pretty specific and is triggered in a particular case. To try to understand and trigger this bug, can you perform some tests: _(Use the application as you usually do)_ - 1a Create a page with only handwritten notes.. save the page. - 1b Leave, relaunch the app to check if your notes are still there. - 2a Create a page with handwritten notes + images + geometric shapes.. save the page. - 2b Leave, relaunch the app to check if your notes are still there. If you are using OneDrive, and you think that OneDrive may have corrupted your inks strokes: - 3a Make a sync as usually do with your new created pages. - 3b Leave and relaunch the app to check if your notes are still there. _(By the way, OneDrive is never activated on background, it is only used when you decide to sync.)_ Another possibility, according to another user, this bug occurs when alternating between different apps (alt + tab or changing to another app without leaving Inkodo) and then, when you return to Inkodo to continue the work, the inks may not be saved properly. In both cases, despite my tests performed on different devices, nothing unusual. Can you also provide me the device type, Windows 10 version and Inkodo version?
edited Jun 21 at 3:30 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft