Feature Requests
2 finger zoom and handwriting pane

Hello Admin
First of all congratulations for your wonderfull app and your new job. I love inking and Inkodo is my primary app. Super features and important is the constant update and new features you are using. I use capacitive pen and touchscreen and hence face few problems while inking for which i request few features.

1st) I find it difficult to perform zoom in and out feature or scrolling using capacitive pen. I have disable inking and do it. So i request a feature of using 2-5 fingers to zoom or scroll while using capacitive type touch screen. (i though this feature is only available using active pen but in other app i have seen this possible while inking with capacitive pen)

2nd) Feature of handwriting pan at the bottom or top of screen would be very useful for fast inking and good handwriting (which i suffer from)

Thank you

Hello Admin First of all congratulations for your wonderfull app and your new job. I love inking and Inkodo is my primary app. Super features and important is the constant update and new features you are using. I use capacitive pen and touchscreen and hence face few problems while inking for which i request few features. 1st) I find it difficult to perform zoom in and out feature or scrolling using capacitive pen. I have disable inking and do it. So i request a feature of using 2-5 fingers to zoom or scroll while using capacitive type touch screen. (i though this feature is only available using active pen but in other app i have seen this possible while inking with capacitive pen) 2nd) Feature of handwriting pan at the bottom or top of screen would be very useful for fast inking and good handwriting (which i suffer from) Thank you

Hi and thanks for your lovely message that can only motivate me to keep making Inkodo even cooler !

I know that since Fall Creators, there are problems with the multi-touch and the left input of the stylus / mouse.

However, did you activate the PEN ONLY mode (in the Settings page > Input) ?

Anyway, since the last Windows updates, this mode no longer reacts at all (at least with my devices!). I already had reported this issue to the Microsoft teams some time ago.

Let me know if the multi-touch works by enabling this setting. Maybe like this I put it by default for future versions (in the past, before the API problems, this mode disabled the use of the mouse - which was rather logical !).

2) you mean a rotating paper or a better area zoom for not being stuck at edges of the page ?

Hi and thanks for your lovely message that can only motivate me to keep making Inkodo even cooler ! I know that since Fall Creators, there are problems with the multi-touch and the left input of the stylus / mouse. However, did you activate the PEN ONLY mode (in the Settings page > Input) ? Anyway, since the last Windows updates, this mode no longer reacts at all (at least with my devices!). I already had reported this issue to the Microsoft teams some time ago. Let me know if the multi-touch works by enabling this setting. Maybe like this I put it by default for future versions (in the past, before the API problems, this mode disabled the use of the mouse - which was rather logical !). 2) you mean a rotating paper or a better area zoom for not being stuck at edges of the page ?
edited Apr 22 at 12:21 pm

Thank you Admin for replying.

I think i made my question confusing. So explaining it in a better way. The feature i request is

1) I have touch only device which i use it with capacitive type of stylus (finger/touch mode) during inking. I cant use pen. So in this touch mode, i would like to have a feature where using two fingers i can zoom in and out of the page while simultaneously inking with one finger. I thought this is not possible in touch mode but i have seen this feature in another app.

2) For those (there are many) with touch only mode (no pen) in order for better inking, i would like to have a handwriting pane, which zooms the area on which i want to write and automatically shifts the paper and line while i am inking with my hand or even pen. This is useful for better handwriting and having good readable notes.

Thank you again.

Thank you Admin for replying. I think i made my question confusing. So explaining it in a better way. The feature i request is 1) I have touch only device which i use it with capacitive type of stylus (finger/touch mode) during inking. I cant use pen. So in this touch mode, i would like to have a feature where using two fingers i can zoom in and out of the page while simultaneously inking with one finger. I thought this is not possible in touch mode but i have seen this feature in another app. 2) For those (there are many) with touch only mode (no pen) in order for better inking, i would like to have a handwriting pane, which zooms the area on which i want to write and automatically shifts the paper and line while i am inking with my hand or even pen. This is useful for better handwriting and having good readable notes. Thank you again.

Thanks, I now understand better!

I'll take note and see how I can improve the fingers zoom and the handwriting pane.

PS: finally the PEN ONLY mode finally works on my devices. Only shortcuts and right click are not fired.

Regards,

Giu.

Thanks, I now understand better! I'll take note and see how I can improve the fingers zoom and the handwriting pane. PS: finally the PEN ONLY mode finally works on my devices. Only shortcuts and right click are not fired. Regards, Giu.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft