Feature Requests
Rubber shortcut and other minor things

Hi Giu!

For some time, you enabled a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-something) that allowed to delete strokes without needing to select the rubber tool. I had used it and found it very convenient, but this feature has disappeared in your latest versions. Could you bring it back?

Apart from this, here's my proposal for two new features that could be interesting:

1.- The possibility of drawing straight lines by holding one of the mouse buttons (much more practical than having to select the ruler tool)

2.- Improving shape recognition: It works fine for circles and ellipses but cannot recognize squares or triangles.

Thank you very much!

Marcel

Hi Giu! For some time, you enabled a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-something) that allowed to delete strokes without needing to select the rubber tool. I had used it and found it very convenient, but this feature has disappeared in your latest versions. Could you bring it back? Apart from this, here's my proposal for two new features that could be interesting: 1.- The possibility of drawing straight lines by holding one of the mouse buttons (much more practical than having to select the ruler tool) 2.- Improving shape recognition: It works fine for circles and ellipses but cannot recognize squares or triangles. Thank you very much! Marcel

Hi !

You mean selection strokes with the right input ? If this is the case, from Fall Creators Update, the event that allows to interact with the right input no longer works. It's quite annoying because it also causes problems with the stylus and multi-touch. I contacted Microsoft to report the problem and we are still waiting for a Windows Ink Api fix.

1 - Interesting feature, I will put that on my todo list ! I hope so to make something with shape recognition for straight lines too.

2 - There is two way to generate shapes now and ink to objects squares look okey but second way, there is indeed a bug, rendered like that:
5a65198ca9c7d.jpg
I will check for the triangle !

Like I said another users, I have now a real job and updates are less frequents smile

Giu

Hi ! You mean selection strokes with the right input ? If this is the case, from Fall Creators Update, the event that allows to interact with the right input no longer works. It's quite annoying because it also causes problems with the stylus and multi-touch. I contacted Microsoft to report the problem and we are still waiting for a Windows Ink Api fix. 1 - Interesting feature, I will put that on my todo list ! I hope so to make something with shape recognition for straight lines too. 2 - There is two way to generate shapes now and ink to objects squares look okey but second way, there is indeed a bug, rendered like that: ![5a65198ca9c7d.jpg](serve/attachment&path=5a65198ca9c7d.jpg) I will check for the triangle ! Like I said another users, I have now a real job and updates are less frequents ;) Giu

Yes, I’m talking precisely about the “right button behaviour” option. Well, I see it’s not your fault and hope that Microsoft takes care of this issue.

And yes again, that’s the exact shape that I get whenever I try to draw a square or rectangle using the second method: it looks like a drop of water!

I’m happy to hear that you now have a “real” job and wish you all the best!

Marcel

Yes, I’m talking precisely about the “right button behaviour” option. Well, I see it’s not your fault and hope that Microsoft takes care of this issue. And yes again, that’s the exact shape that I get whenever I try to draw a square or rectangle using the second method: it looks like a drop of water! I’m happy to hear that you now have a “real” job and wish you all the best! Marcel

Hi Giu!

Well, I see that in your latest update you have removed the "second" way of generating shapes -"inks" instead of "objects"-. I understand that you finally decided to remove the feature because it caused problems like the "drop shape" we previously discussed. But even so, it worked fine for circles and ellipses and I found it really useful, much more than the "first" way -"objects"-. Even if it doesn't work properly for squares or other shapes, would it be possible to bring the feature back?.

Thanks!

Marcel

Hi Giu! Well, I see that in your latest update you have removed the "second" way of generating shapes -"inks" instead of "objects"-. I understand that you finally decided to remove the feature because it caused problems like the "drop shape" we previously discussed. But even so, it worked fine for circles and ellipses and I found it really useful, much more than the "first" way -"objects"-. Even if it doesn't work properly for squares or other shapes, would it be possible to bring the feature back?. Thanks! Marcel

Hi,

I have disabled the feature for now !

I remember that it worked well before Fall Creators Update but since, something has changed in the Windows Ink API which distorts the calculation. I hope that the next Windows 10 hotfix will solve the problems (especially for the stylus which is very critical!).

Maybe, I can just disable the Rectangle shape (and generate the geometric object instead). It's just in principle, having a functionality that works half is not great!

Anyway, I'm still going to find a new way to do the math. I have to say that in the long term, I prefer to have by default this direct and faster way to make geometrical shapes as inks strokes instead of geometric objects (especially if we want create flowchart quickly).

Hi, I have disabled the feature for now ! I remember that it worked well before Fall Creators Update but since, something has changed in the Windows Ink API which distorts the calculation. I hope that the next Windows 10 hotfix will solve the problems (especially for the stylus which is very critical!). Maybe, I can just disable the Rectangle shape (and generate the geometric object instead). It's just in principle, having a functionality that works half is not great! Anyway, I'm still going to find a new way to do the math. I have to say that in the long term, I prefer to have by default this direct and faster way to make geometrical shapes as inks strokes instead of geometric objects (especially if we want create flowchart quickly).
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft