Feature Requests
Cleaner working area

Congratulations for your awesome app. After having tested dozens of apps, this is really the only one that has EVERYTHING that I need for handwriting with my tablet.

Just one small request: Everytime the user has to change the drawing tool color or size, the pop-up menu unfolds on the middle of the working area, overlapping the ink. I suggest that it would be a nice idea to have an interface that could leave a bigger area clean of menus. I'm sending a small sketch of how it could more or less look like.

Perhaps it would be an even better idea to let the user choose among 3 or 4 different toolbar positions.

Anyway, thanks a lot!

Marcel Jorba

58a9935074d7c.jpg

Congratulations for your awesome app. After having tested dozens of apps, this is really the only one that has EVERYTHING that I need for handwriting with my tablet. Just one small request: Everytime the user has to change the drawing tool color or size, the pop-up menu unfolds on the middle of the working area, overlapping the ink. I suggest that it would be a nice idea to have an interface that could leave a bigger area clean of menus. I'm sending a small sketch of how it could more or less look like. Perhaps it would be an even better idea to let the user choose among 3 or 4 different toolbar positions. Anyway, thanks a lot! Marcel Jorba ![58a9935074d7c.jpg](serve/attachment&path=58a9935074d7c.jpg)

Hi and thank you for your enthusiasm about Inkodo !

I see what you mean. I already had in mind the idea of proposing different workspaces +/- adapted to different needs of uses (drawing, taking note ...).

I think, before turning everything upside down the actual user interface, I can for example make that all elements are movable. So you decide where you want them to be placed on the screen, whether it's horizontal or vertical.

Anyway, I'll try to implement it gradually! I do not know for when, but if you subscribed to this topic, I'll let you know!

Giu.

Hi and thank you for your enthusiasm about Inkodo ! I see what you mean. I already had in mind the idea of proposing different workspaces +/- adapted to different needs of uses (drawing, taking note ...). I think, before turning everything upside down the actual user interface, I can for example make that all elements are movable. So you decide where you want them to be placed on the screen, whether it's horizontal or vertical. Anyway, I'll try to implement it gradually! I do not know for when, but if you subscribed to this topic, I'll let you know! Giu.

Hi again, Giu.

Yes! Having the toolbars movable would be an excellent feature that can match many working styles.

Thanks very much for your answer and for your commitment!

Marcel

Hi again, Giu. Yes! Having the toolbars movable would be an excellent feature that can match many working styles. Thanks very much for your answer and for your commitment! Marcel
edited Feb 22 '17 at 5:50 pm

Hi again Giu!

After the last updates, the upper toolbar is not anymore on the very top of the screen as it was before, but a little bit downwards, thus reducing the working area. The only way I’ve found to solve the problem is using the “full screen” setting but unfortunately it doesn’t suit me. It would be great if this particular toolbar was put back in its prior place.

Thanks in advance!

Marcel

Hi again Giu! After the last updates, the upper toolbar is not anymore on the very top of the screen as it was before, but a little bit downwards, thus reducing the working area. The only way I’ve found to solve the problem is using the “full screen” setting but unfortunately it doesn’t suit me. It would be great if this particular toolbar was put back in its prior place. Thanks in advance! Marcel

Hello !

Yep recently I have made some tweak to be sure that the title is not visible on lower resolutions or smartphones and merged with left menu.

But, for the change you are telling me, it was to have the ink toolbar independently of the paper and not inside the paper. It's better from an ergonomic point of view to start the paper under the menu and is also less frustrating when you draw on the top.

What I can do, is put back the borderless mode which remove the title and you don't have to switch in fullscreen like that. I thing I removed that option because there was some "conflicts" with fullscreen. I will give a new try and put back !

In any case many users wanted this new display, but for your case, I can create a new display mode and try again to work on that modular display (tried once.. failed !) or something else, I do not know, you took me by surprise :]

Hello ! Yep recently I have made some tweak to be sure that the title is not visible on lower resolutions or smartphones and merged with left menu. But, for the change you are telling me, it was to have the ink toolbar independently of the paper and not inside the paper. It's better from an ergonomic point of view to start the paper under the menu and is also less frustrating when you draw on the top. What I can do, is put back the borderless mode which remove the title and you don't have to switch in fullscreen like that. I thing I removed that option because there was some "conflicts" with fullscreen. I will give a new try and put back ! In any case many users wanted this new display, but for your case, I can create a new display mode and try again to work on that modular display (tried once.. failed !) or something else, I do not know, you took me by surprise :]
edited Aug 24 '17 at 10:04 pm

Hey,

I have made 4 new workspaces and an option to merge the toolbar inside the whiteboard, almost like before.

Hop one of theses workspaces fit to you.

(I have not found yet a good solution for putting the inktoolbar on the left !)

Hey, I have made 4 new workspaces and an option to merge the toolbar inside the whiteboard, almost like before. Hop one of theses workspaces fit to you. (I have not found yet a good solution for putting the inktoolbar on the left !)

Not one, but two! Workspaces number 3 and 6 suit my needs perfectly. Great job. Apart from this, I think this new feature adds much more versatility to Inkodo and can match many working styles. Congratulations Giu!

Just one small bug after some testing:

When you are working with the custom brush, the color wheel works fine when you open it for the first time. But if you use the rubber or other tools, when you go back to your custom brush, the color wheel icon is not active anymore, so it's not possible to reopen it again. (I'm talking about the icon with the palette).

Anyway, thanks once more

Marcel

Not one, but two! Workspaces number 3 and 6 suit my needs perfectly. Great job. Apart from this, I think this new feature adds much more versatility to Inkodo and can match many working styles. Congratulations Giu! Just one small bug after some testing: When you are working with the custom brush, the color wheel works fine when you open it for the first time. But if you use the rubber or other tools, when you go back to your custom brush, the color wheel icon is not active anymore, so it's not possible to reopen it again. (I'm talking about the icon with the palette). Anyway, thanks once more Marcel

Hey, your latest update not only has fixed the bug but also has added new options! That's great! Congratulations and thanks!

Marcel

Hey, your latest update not only has fixed the bug but also has added new options! That's great! Congratulations and thanks! Marcel

Thank you !

and indeed I have refined the feature !

Thank you ! and indeed I have refined the feature !
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft